This Easy Shrimp Dill Dip is a summer staple around my house. I keep a bag of frozen cooked baby shrimp in the freezer. Then, if I see nice fresh dill and arugula at the market, this comes together quickly because the rest of the ingredients are likely stuff I have in my pantry and fridge anyway. Throw all this goodness in the food processor and presto, a cool and refreshing appetizer is born.
Depending on the temperature outside, you could serve my Creamy (No Cream) Asparagus or Roasted Red Pepper and Fennel Soup (hot or cold) as a follow up and call it a day. Homemade and easy – two words I live by all summer long. Recipes like this help me savour it all and I hope they help you too.Print
Easy Shrimp Dill Dip
Don’t you love an appetizer that comes together in a jiffy? This Shrimp Dill Dip is cool and refreshing. Great with tortilla chips, veggies, crackers or slathered on baguette slices, it’s a summer staple in our home.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 to 3 cups
- Category: Appetizers/Snacks
- Method: chopping
- Cuisine: Canadian
1 lb frozen cooked baby shrimp, thawed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons chili sauce
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 chopped green onions
1 cup packed baby arugula leaves
½ cup chopped fresh dill
- Dry the shrimp between paper towels and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chilli sauce, mustard, lemon juice, green onions, arugula and dill in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Stir in most of the baby shrimp. Leave a few to garnish the top of the dip with.
- Enjoy with chips, veggies, crackers or slathered on baguette slices.
Keywords: Easy Shrimp Dill Dip