This Tomato and Cherry Brie Bake spells summer for me. When the first black, fat, juicy Bing Cherries arrive from B.C., I start to think about this recipe.
Margie Gibb made this mouth-watering appy for a gathering of our friends one time. It’s Gail Norton’s recipe for the Tomato Cherry concoction. She makes it in large quantities and stores it in her fridge so she can pull this appetizer together in an instant. Barbecue master Ron Shewchuk throws it on brie rounds and cooks it on a cedar plank on the grill. I like to do that too but if I’m not that organized (planks need to soak eight hours in advance), I just cook it on parchment in the oven as you see in these photos.
Make the Tomato and Cherry Brie Bake while the cherries last. Savour the season and of course, Savour it All.Print
Tomato and Cherry Brie Bake
Melting Brie and the sweet and sultry combination of roasted cherries and tomatoes knock this appetizer out of the park.
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Appetizers/Snacks
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Canadian
1 cup fresh bing cherries, pitted
1 cup heirloom grape tomatoes
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Glaze
2 – 3 (250 – 350 gram) rounds of Brie
Basil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ and cover a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the cherries and tomatoes on teh parchment paper and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes and drizzle with balsamic glaze as you remove them from the oven.
- Enjoy immediately baked on brie or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Tip: Multiplies and freezes well.
- To bake on Brie: Cut the tops of 2 to 3 small Brie wheels (about 250 – 350 grams each).
- Arrange them on parchment or on a cedar plank that’s been soaked in water for at least 8 hours.
- Bake or plank on a grill at 350℉ for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove to a platter and garnish with basil.
- Enjoy with your favourite crackers or slices of a crusty baguette.
Keywords: Tomato and Cherry Baked Brie