I know people like to make fun of Jello dishes but honestly, Jello totally brings this Fruit Forward Summer Pie together. I’m all for whole foods and this pie is fruit forward full of them (being stuffed to the brim with berries as it is). Choosing a bright Jello flavour to match just ramps the whole pie up a notch and holds it all together in a delightful way. So, no Jello snobbery here. This is not your Grandma’s mystery jelly-moulded food. This is summer at its best.Print
Fruit Forward Summer Pie
Berries for days – all squished into one pie with a little Jello holding it together. Only 10 minutes to bake a graham cracker crust and presto, this pie is chilling in the fridge within minutes..
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Canadian
1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup melted unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 package fruit jello (choose the kind to match your choice of fruit)
4 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup boiled water
6 – 8 cups fresh fruit (cherries, berries, peaches, apricots, nectarines)
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl and then press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes and then remove and cool completely.
- Put the sugar, jello crystals, cornstarch and water in a microwavable glass bowl and microwave on high until thick – usually 35 seconds, stir and then 35 seconds more.
- Fill the crust with the fruit of your choice and pour the jello mixture over.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Enjoy with whipped cream.
Keywords: fruit pie