Are you having a mellow or manic Monday today? Well, here’s a mellow option for your Meatless Monday dinner this evening. It’s a recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo from my friend Kathryn Joel of Get Cooking cooking school in Edmonton.
Like most cooking schools Kathryn had to make a COVID pivot and fast to virtual classes so she could stay in business. I’ve had the pleasure of teaching at Get Cooking so I signed up for one of Kathryn’s classes and we learned to make a fluffy soufflé with her expert guidance.
Sound like fun? Well here’s a link to sign up for the classes. And because she’s so gracious, Kathryn also shared her Fettuccini Alfredo recipe because we all need a little comfort food right now. And, the ingredients are things you likely have hanging around. Since it’s spring, you can even add some herbs and spring peas to give it a Primavera spin. Now, go on, Get Cooking!Print
A classic pasta dish that’s deceptively fast and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Pasta
- Method: sauce
- Cuisine: Italian
350 grams fettuccine
50 grams unsalted butter
200 mls whipping cream
50 grams grated Parmesan or more, to taste
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Italian flat leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped, to finish
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat then add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to boil, add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes for fresh pasta or according to the directions on the pack for dried pasta.
- Drain the pasta, retaining some of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the cream sauce saucepan, stirring over a low heat, and add some of the pasta cooking water as needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add more cheese to taste.
- Enjoy garnished with parsley and offer additional parmesan cheese on the side.
Equipment: knife and cutting board, pasta pot, sauce pan, box grater, tongs, wooden spoon, bowls and measuring cups.
Keywords: fast pasta dishes