A classic pasta dish that’s deceptively fast and easy to make.
- Author: Kathryn Joel
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Pasta
- Method: sauce
- Cuisine: Italian
350 grams fettuccine
50 grams unsalted butter
200 mls whipping cream
50 grams grated Parmesan or more, to taste
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Italian flat leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped, to finish
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat then add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to boil, add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes for fresh pasta or according to the directions on the pack for dried pasta.
- Drain the pasta, retaining some of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the cream sauce saucepan, stirring over a low heat, and add some of the pasta cooking water as needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add more cheese to taste.
- Enjoy garnished with parsley and offer additional parmesan cheese on the side.
Equipment: knife and cutting board, pasta pot, sauce pan, box grater, tongs, wooden spoon, bowls and measuring cups.
Keywords: fast pasta dishes