My mint is coming back in the garden. Every year I wonder if it will survive our harsh Alberta winter but somehow it does. Spring lamb is at the markets. Goats are kidding and that means there’s milk to make feta cheese. Put that all together and I found myself craving these Feta Stuffed Lamb Burgers.
The burger’s spice mix has cumin and oregano brightened by fresh mint and a little diced jalapeño. It’s perfect with a Chunky Tzatziki. I’ll share that recipe next but for now, read on for this succulent burger recipe.Print
Feta Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: Burgers
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Canadian
- 1½ lbs ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 Tablespoon finely diced jalapeno
- 2 ounces of feta cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 buns or pitas
- Place the meat in a large bowl and add the oregano, pepper, cumin, mint and jalapeno.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients and form 8 patties.
- Place a half ounce of feta on one patty, top with another patty and mould the two patties together around the edges. Repeat to create the other 3 stuffed patties.
- Grill the burgers on high heat for 12 – 14 minutes, flipping once.
- Enjoy on buns or in pita halves with red onion and tomato slices, lettuce and some Chunky Tzatziki sauce.
Equipment: bowl, plate, flipper
Keywords: quick supper