If Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Stookies as a recipe title has you scratching your head let me shed some light. I noticed a trend for stuffed cookies and have been dreaming of trying them. But, in true cookie monster style, I thought I’d be too busy stuffing my face with my version to get two words – stuffed cookies – out. So, I decided to contract stuffed cookies to Stookies. It’s a fun word to say. Try it. Stookies! And, I think my Australian friends – who abbreviate EVERYTHING – would be proud of me.
If you love peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookies, I hope you’ll give these a go. They are super easy to make and the results are a delicious reward for your efforts.Print
Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Stookies
If you love peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookies apart, wait until you taste them together. These Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Stookies are chocolate chip cookies stuffed with peanut butter cups. I just shortened the stuffed cookie to “stookie.” I hope the name sticks cause I like saying it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 large stookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Canadian
2/3 cup softened unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 ounces chocolate chips
12 peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of the stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy then stop and scrape down the sides of the mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again until smooth and fluffy.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl and then add to the mixer, beating until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips and beat just until evenly distributed.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out 24 balls of dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten each of the dough balls with your fingers. Place a peanut butter cup top side down on 12 rounds and then place another cookie round over each, pressing it into the bottom cookie dough at the edges. Repeat until you have 12 stuffed cookies.
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes. Let cool on the pan a few moments before lifting to a cooking rack.
- Enjoy warm with a big glass of milk or tea or coffee.
Keywords: Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Stookies, Stuffed Cookies
Sounds better than my peanut butter brownies that you used to like!
NO! Nothing tops those Peanut Butter Fudge Marbled Brownies. They are still the bomb babe! Miss you and look forward to a time I can make these cookies for you. Big hugs, K