Here’s another classic Canadian Prairie recipe from the Edgar family of Edgar Farms in Innisfail, Alberta. Trust the families of century-old farms to have created delicious ways to use up all the produce of a season. And, to do it in style as with this recipe for Rose Edgar’s Spiced Rhubarb Punch.Print
Rose Edgar’s Spiced Rhubarb Punch
This pretty pink drink has a hint of cloves to keep it interesting. Depending on what you add to make it fizzy, you’ll control how sweet it becomes. I like plain soda water in mine.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minute
- Yield: 6 to 8 cups
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Canadian
6 cups rhubarb, chopped
4 whole cloves
6 cups water
1 cup sugar or ¾ cup honey
- club soda, ginger ale or lemonade
- Boil the rhubarb, cloves and water until the rhubarb is soft – 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add the sugar or honey to taste.
- Use the liquid as a base for punches or individual drinks by adding club soda, ginger-ale or lemonade.
Tip: Make this Spiced Rhubarb Punch into a Spiked Rhubarb Punch by adding on ounce of your favourite local gin or vodka and a few bourbon cherries and a sprig of mint to the glass as garnish.
Keywords: Rhubarb punch