Find out what Hermione Sweet Sourdough is here. Then, read on for this scrumptious recipe for Hermione Sweet Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls.
Hermione Sweet Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
Time: 45 minutes Yield: 9 – 12 rolls depending on the size you cut
Equipment: Rolling pin, pastry brush and baking pan or muffin tin
- 1 cup Hermione Sweet Sourdough Starter – find that recipe here
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup sunflower or other neutral tasting vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or up to 1 cup more if needed)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- Extra flour for the kneading surface and your rolling pin
- Extra butter for greasing your pan and cupboard
- Preheat the oven to 425℉ and grease an 8×8-inch baking pan with butter.
- Whisk the sourdough with the egg and oil in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until the dough comes together. Note: sometimes, I think depending on the weather, size of egg and/or my kharma that day, I might need to add up to 1 cup more flour. Don’t be afraid to add more as needed but all-in-all the dough should be soft and pillowy, not hard and firm)
- Sprinkle a flat surface with a bit of flour and empty the dough on the counter. Knead it (a bit) until it is smooth then roll it out to a rectangular shape.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in 9 – 12 even vertical strips, roll each strip from one end to the other and then place the rolls in the baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown (mine take 15).
- Enjoy for breakfast, brunch or coffee anytime.
Tip: If you wait a few days and feed Hermione a few times, you can double this recipe and make 12 large rolls that you can place in muffin tins to cook.