Everyone has their kryptonite and this Candy Cane Pretzel Toffee Bark is mine. This a recipe I save for the holidays. I make it close to the holidays, have my fill, and then package the rest immediately to give away to friends. It’s just too darn good to have around. Sweet, salty, caramel-y, crunchy; it satisfies every craving. Make it for someone you love and let me know how it goes. I’d love to hear from you in the comments.Print
Candy Cane Pretzel Toffee Bark
Sweet, salty, caramel-y and crunchy; this treat really satisfies.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 24 pieces
- Category: Desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: canadian
4 cups (1-2oo gram pkg) waffle or flat pretzel chips
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup each crushed candy canes, chopped shelled pistachios and/or dried cranberries
¼ cup white chocolate pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a rimmed 11 x 17-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the pretzels in one layer on the parchment.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally until it starts to boil then boil for 5 minutes without stirring. Brush the sides of the pot with a pastry brush dipped in cold water if the mixture starts to rise.
- Stir in the vanilla and then pour the caramel over the pretzels as evenly as possible and then place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove and quickly cover the surface with the chocolate chips.
- Let the pan stand for 3 minutes then use a flat spatula to spread the chocolate chips to cover the pretzel-toffee completely.
- Sprinkle the chocolate layer with the toppings of your choice (candy canes, nuts,and or dried fruit).
- Place the white chocolate in a microwavable dish and microwave about one minute on half power, stir and then drizzle over the pan.
- Cool for 30 minutes on the counter and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Break into shards and store in an airtight container. Note: These store well but only if you hide them from everyone including yourself..
Keywords: Candy Cane Pretzel Toffee Bark