These Cranberry Lemon Zucchini Muffins are a way to marry the last of your summer zucchini with that harbinger of all things fall, the bright and cheery cranberry. Add the zest of lemon and these are as flavourful as they are moist.
Not too sweet, they are lovely alongside brunch or with an afternoon cup of tea. Start to finish they take less than 30 minutes. Tip: I grate large chunks of chopped zucchini in my food processor and freeze them in 1 cup portions so I can make these muffins as long as we have cranberries in the stores.Print
Cranberry Lemon Zucchini Muffins
Bright and cheery cranberries and the zest of lemon make these muffins as flavourful as they are moist.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Category: snacks
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: canadian
2 cups unbleached flour
½ cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest
1 cup finely grated zucchini
¾ cup skim milk
4 Tablespoons melted butter
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon rind in a large bowl and make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Whisk the zucchini, milk, butter and egg in another bowl and then pour into the well in the flour mixture, add the cranberries and stir until just moist and combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 lined muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Keywords: Cranberry Lemon Zucchini Muffins