I’ll bet you are wondering what the TBO in TBO Peanut and Toblerone Cookies stands for? I’m just going to say it – Total Body Orgasm.
I did not make that up. The name came with the cookies. Two friends from Halifax shared this recipe with me in 1986. It was the 80s. What can I say? We said things like that then. We also drank drinks called Fuzzy Navel and Slippery Nipple. Do these cookies deserve such an outlandish name? Well, eat one straight out of the oven and get back to me.
Read on for the recipe. Just a head’s up, you need to keep the dough in the refrigerator for at least four hours before baking the cookies. And, if I was to share one tip it’d be this: only make how many cookies you feel like eating. Keep the rest of the dough in the refrigerator then you can have TBOs hot from the oven more often!
TBO Peanut and Toblerone Cookies
Time: 45 minutes plus 4 hours of dough chilling time in the refrigerator
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Equipment: Stand mixer, spatula, cookie scoop, 2 baking sheets, parchment
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 – 3 100 gram (6 – 9 ounce) size Toblerone bars, chopped
- Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda and beat again until smooth.
- Stir in the peanuts and chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line the 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop the cookies, 12 to a tray (or save some for another day) and bake 12 – 16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, a paper towel for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm from the oven or store in an airtight container once cooled.
Variation: Make the cookies ahead. Put a layer of vanilla ice cream between 2, freeze them and serve them as the best ice cream sandwiches EVER.