Cranberry Walnut Loaf with Orange Glaze
Fresh cranberries make this loaf pop! And, it tastes even better once the glaze is hardened and clinging to the cake. Yum.
- Author: Karen Anderson
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 large loaf 1x
- Category: Tea Time Treats
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Canadian
- For the cake:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon micro-planed orange zest
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (I used the same orange I took the zest from)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- For the orange glaze:
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons micro-planed orange zest
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- additional long strands of orange zest for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and butter a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar into a bowl and stir in the orange zest.
- Place the egg, milk, orange juice and melted butter in another bowl and whisk to combine then add to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and walnuts and turn the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a rack.
- Place the icing sugar, orange juice, zest and butter in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Set the loaf on a serving platter and drizzle the glaze over it. Decorate with additional (longer) strands of orange zest if desired.
Keywords: Cranberry Walnut Loaf with Orange Glaze