Overnight rhubarb Sauce
Intense rhubarb flavour, decreased simmering time – one delightfully easy sauce.
- Author: Karen Anderson
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight marination
- Cook Time: 20 -30 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minute
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Category: Sauces
- Method: preserves
- Cuisine: Canadian
- 8 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the chopped rhubarb in the saucepan you intend to cook it in.
- Stir in the sugar and leave overnight.
- Bring the rhubarb and liquid to a simmer and cook for about 20 – 30 minutes. Once the juices are a thick syrup, turn off the heat, add the vanilla, let cook and then transfer to storage containers.
You can store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to a week or freezer it in serving portions for up to 6 months.