Five Bean Pork and Beans
An easy slow cooker recipe that makes a great main or side dish.
- Author: Karen Anderson
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours in a slow cooker
- Total Time: 11 minute
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Beans
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Canadian
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 can lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Romano beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup tomato juice or tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chilli sauce
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup fancy molasses
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup bacon bits or up to 4 cups of leftover pulled pork
- grated cheddar, a few avocado slices and cilantro pieces for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and give them a good stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, stirring only every few hours.
- Serve in bowls topped with a bit of cheddar, avocado and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Enjoy as a side or as the main meal with a hearty bread or cornbread and a side salad.
Keywords: slow cooker meal